Loading

Sorry, we could not find any tours for São Francisco da Penitência Church, Rio de Janeiro

São Francisco da Penitência Church, Rio de Janeiro

Sao Francisco da Penitencia is a colonial church dating back to 1737, famous for its gilden Baroque interiors and wooden statues..

Sao Francisco da Penitencia is a colonial church dating back to 1737, famous for its gilden Baroque interiors and wooden statues.


Hours

Sun

NA

Mon

NA

Tue

NA

Wed

NA

Thu

NA

Fri

NA

Sat

NA

About São Francisco da Penitência Church

 Rua da Carioca, 5 - Centro

 21 2262-0197‎

São Francisco da Penitência Church and Nearby Sights on Map

Petrobras Headquarters

The headquarters of the federal oil company is an interesting piece of Brutalist architecture by Roberto Luís Gandolfi, soaring 108 metres into the sky

National Museum of Fine Arts

Modeled on the Louvre in Paris, the National Museum of Fine Arts in Rio de Janeiro houses an important collection of Brazilian art

Rio Municipal Theatre

The Municipal Theatre in Rio is an Eclectic style opera house with Art Nouveau elements, inspired by the Paris Opéra House

Rio City Hall

The City Hall in Rio de Janeiro is the seat of the City Council

National Library

The National Library in Rio de Janeiro is the largest library in Latin America and the 7th largest in the world, with a collection of over 9 million items

Cinelandia

Officially known as Praça Floriano Peixoto in honour of the second president of Brazil, Cinelândia is a major public square in the heart of Rio de Janeiro that developed around the 18th century Ajuda Convent

Metropolitan Cathedral of Saint Sebastian

The Metropolitan Cathedral of Saint Sebastian is dedicated to the patron saint of Rio de Janeiro, St Sebastian

Gustavo Capanema Palace

The Gustavo Capanema Palace is a government building that functions as an office of the Ministry of Education and Health

Old Cathedral

The Old Cathedral of Rio de Janeiro is an 18th century church dedicated to Our Lady of Mount Carmel, that served as the cathedral of Rio de Janeiro from 1808 until 1976

Paço Imperial

The Old Imperial Palace was built in 1743 as the Governor House, used as the Viceroy’s Palace after 1763, and also served as a royal residence and workplace in the 19th century