/ Sydney / Places to Visit / Cadmans Cottage
Dating back to 1816, Cadmans Cottage is one of the oldest residential buildings in Sydney.
Dating back to 1816, Cadmans Cottage is one of the oldest residential buildings in Sydney. Located on The Rocks, it was initially right on the waterfront which is now 100 metres away due to the Circular Quay. A rare example of an early official colonial building, the 2-storey sandstone cottage was originally used by government coxswains and their crews, then variously as a water transport headquarters, a sailors' home, and water police station.
110 George St, The Rocks NSW 2000, Australia
+61 2 9337 5511
Housed in a restored mid-19thcentury sandstone warehouse, The Rocks Discovery Museum tells the story of The Rocks area of Sydney from the pre-European era when it was known as Warrane to the present day
Stretching from the Overseas Passenger Terminal on West Circular Quay to the Sydney Opera House forecourt on East Circular Quay, the Sydney Writers Walk is a path lined with a series of 60 metal plaques dedicated to authors who have spent time in Australia at some point of time in their lives
Gannon House in the Rocks is an art gallery dedicated to works by renowned as well as upcoming indigenous artists such as Gloria Petyarre, Jeannie Pwerle, and Charlie Tjapangarti
The Rocks is a historical point of interest in Sydney, being the site of the first penal settlement of Captain James Cook's convicts from Great Britain in 1788 AD
Officially known as the Church of the Holy Trinity, the Garrison Church was built in 1840-'44 as the first military church in colonial Australia
Forming the northern edge of Sydney's central business district, Circular Quay is the main ferry terminal in the city with connections to the Taronga Zoo, Manly, Cockatoo Island, Watsons Bay, and other major attractions
The Hickson Road Reserve in The Rocks is a popular filming spot for its picture-perfect backdrop of palm trees, and extensive views of Sydney Harbour, the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge
The historic Customs House was built in 1844-'45 to control maritime trade and the influx of people into Sydney