/ Vienna / Places to Visit / The Imperial Furniture Collection, Vienna Furniture Museum
Houses the largest furniture collection in the world.
Houses the largest furniture collection in the world. The exhibit displays furniture for all the Austrian emperors since Charles VI (the father of Maria Theresa), furniture by the Thonet Brothers, Jugendstil, and the Viennese Modernist movement. In addition, they show other contemporary Austrian architects and designers, such as E.A. Plischke, Margarete Schütte-Lihotzky, Luigi Blau, and Franz West. Besides the permanent furniture collection, the museum also hosts two to three temporary exhibitions on furniture design and photography each year. You can purchase a single ticket or a Sisi Ticket, which allows you entrance to the Schönbrunn Palace, the Imperial Apartments, Sisi Museum, and the Imperial Silver Collection in the Hofburg. Wheelchair-accessible.
Andreasgasse 7, Vienna, Austria
+43 1 5243357
A marvelous zoo, with a rain forest glasshouse, tiny apes, aquariums with sharks, and terrariums with reptiles and venomous snakes
Has served as a cultural district of Vienna since 2001
The Leopold Museum, housed in the Museumsquartier in Vienna, Austria, is home to one of the largest collections of modern Austrian art, featuring artists such as Egon Schiele, Gustav Klimt, Oskar Kokoschka and Richard Gerstl
The Museum of Moderner Kunst has a collection of 7000 modern and contemporary art works, including major works from Andy Warhol, Pablo Picasso, Joseph Beuys, Nam June Paik, Wolf Vostell, Gerhard Richter, Jasper Johns and Roy Lichtenstein
The Austrian Parliament Building is a magnificent and imposing building in marble where the Nationalrat (National Council) and Bundesrat (Federal Council) meet
This is a private museum dedicated to the cult film The Third Man, which was shot in Vienna and released in 1949
One of the world's greatest art museums and in a palace that is a work of art itself
A gallery owned by the Academy of Fine Arts, to which Hitler applied to before he decided to change to politics
Architect Josef Maria Olbrich built this Jugendstil (German-style Art Nouveau) building 1897-98 as a display space for artists working in the new Secession artistic movement