/ Arles / Places to Visit / Porte de la Cavalerie
The two round towers of the Door of the Cavalry are located at the northern entrance of the city centre..
The two round towers of the Door of the Cavalry are located at the northern entrance of the city centre.
The Fontaine Amedee Pichot was built by Pierre-Amédée Pichot between 1884 and 1887 to commemorate the friendship between his father the journalist Amédée Pichot and the painter Paul Balze
The Yellow House on Place Lamartine may have been bombed by the Allies and levelled during World War II, but it has been immortalized by Van Gogh in his eponymous painting
The Roman Amphitheatre Arenes d'Arles is one of the major attractions in the city, dating back to 90 AD
The Réattu Museum is a museum of fine arts housed in the studio of artist Jacques Reattu, that was built in the 15th century as the Grand Priory of the Order of Malta
The Baths of Constantine or North Baths date back to the early 4th century, and are counted among the best preserved Roman baths in France
The Church of Saint Trophime, formerly a cathedral, is a 12th century Romanesque church noted for its Romanesque sculptures over the portal and in the adjoining cloisters
The Cryptoporticus of Arles is a subterranean gallery comprising 3 U-shaped double, parallel tunnels with pillars, built by the Romans to create a stable flat base for the Forum which lies in a naturally sloping area