/ Washington DC / Places to Visit / Ringgold-Carroll House
The Ringgold-Carroll House was built in 1825 for Tench Ringgold, who was part of a three-member team in charge of restoring public buildings in the District of Columbia, following the War of 1812.
The Ringgold-Carroll House was built in 1825 for Tench Ringgold, who was part of a three-member team in charge of restoring public buildings in the District of Columbia, following the War of 1812. From 1832-1833, Chief Justice John Marshall resided with Ringgold in the house. In 1835, the house was sold, and a number of prominent people have since lived in the house, including William Thomas Carroll, a clerk at the Supreme Court, Chief Justice Melville Fuller, Senator Joseph Medill McCormick, and Congressman Robert Low Bacon. The Diplomatic and Consular Officers Retired (DACOR) now occupy the house, which is not open to the public except for special events.
1801 F St NW, Washington, DC 20006, USA
Designed by William C
This is the oldest art gallery in the American capital, housed in a beautiful, large Beaux-Arts building
The Eisenhower Executive Office Building was built in 1871 to house the War and Navy Departments, replacing the obsolete War Office building on the same site
The building that now houses the Renwick Gallery was originally the home of the Corcoran Gallery of Art
The White House is the official residence and workplace of the President of the United States, and Washington DC's most famous address
A little known memorial stands on the island in the Constitution Gardens Lake, dedicated to the signers of the Declaration of Independence
Benjamin Henry Latrobe designed the house, completed in 1818, for naval hero Stephen Decatur and his wife
A smaller, less spectacular church near St
The Department of State offers guided tours of its formal reception rooms, used for official meetings with foreign representatives
The World War II Memorial in the National Mall commemorates the 16 million servicemen of the US armed forces who supported the country's World War II efforts