/ San Francisco / Places to Visit / Bank of Canton
Built in 1891, it was destroyed and rebuilt in 1909, originally the building housed the country's only Chinese telephone exchange.
Built in 1891, it was destroyed and rebuilt in 1909, originally the building housed the country's only Chinese telephone exchange. The exchange closed in 1949 and the building was subsequently restored and turned into a bank in 1960. The building is arguably the first important building in Chinatown. It is a three-tiered pagoda style building.
743 Washington St
Enjoy authentic Chinese artwork at this gallery
The center was established in order to promote understanding of Chinese and Chinese American history, art, and culture in the US
Though Grant Avenue has a lot to offer, it is quite touristy; thus, it is essential that you examine the more authentic areas in the alleys, such as Waverly Place, Pagoda Place, Spofford Lane, and Ross Alley, between Grant and Stockton
This is the largest area of open space in Chinatown, bordered by Kearny St, Washington St, Clay St, and Walter Lum Place
Opened in 1962, this tiny factory produces more than 20,000 fortune cookies a day
This tiny temple is the oldest Taoist temple in the country
This is the oldest Buddhist temple in the city and was named after the Norras Buddhist Temple in Tibet
Pagoda style building with a three tiered roof and decorated with ornate gold dragons and medallions on the outside
Dedicated to Matsu, goddess of the Sea, but has only been around since 1986
This tiny paved pedestrian alley was named after the famous Beat Generation writer Jack Kerouac who used to hang out in the alley a lot