One of the few temples in the Ramkhamhaeng area, this is a local temple that shows how the local inhabitants practice Buddhism. It is a big compound, which is fairly lively with people praying and showing respect to the Buddha statues. It was built in 1842 during the reign of King Nangklao (King Rama III). At that time, the temple was known as Wat Tuek or Wat Tuek Khlong Ton. Saen Saep Canal was dug for transporting troops and weapons to Cambodia. During digging work, Pang Lila was found at this location, a 1.2 meters tall Sukhothai-style walking Buddha image. The temple was renamed to Wat Theplila during the reign of King Chulalongkorn.
Ramkhamhaeng Soi 41
Nearest Transit: Ramkhamhaeng Airport Link (Lines: Airport Link)
Wat Thep Lila and Nearby Attractions on Map
No tours found for Wat Thep Lila !