/ Bangkok / Places to Visit / King Taksin the Great Monument
This is an equestrian statue situated at the Wongwian Yai Circle near the railway station of the same name.
This is an equestrian statue situated at the Wongwian Yai Circle near the railway station of the same name. The king is portrayed with his right hand holding a sword, measuring approximately 9 metres in height from his horse's feet to the spire of his hat. The statue rests on a reinforced concrete pedestal of about 9 by 2 metres with 3.90 metres in height. There are four frames of stucco relief on the two sides of the pedestal. The opening ceremony of this monument was held on April 17, 1954 and a homage-paying fair takes place annually at December 28.
The museum is on the third floor of the Pharmaceutical Association of Thailand under Royal Patronage Building
Situated on the mouth of Bangkok Yai canal at the west bank of the Chao Phraya, this massive temple is popular among the Thai-Chinese community
This beautiful park is built near the Wat Anongkharam community where Somdej Phra Srinagarindra Boromarajajonani, HRH the Princess Mother (the mother of King Rama IX) had resided during her childhood
The recently renovated European-style mansion of the Ministry of Commerce of Thailand has been turned in good use
Pak Khlong Talat is the main flower market in the city, a fragrant riot of beautiful colors, especially at dawn when the flowers arrive fresh from cuttings
Wat Pho, popularly known as the Temple of the Reclining Buddha (Wat Phra Chetuphon Vimolmangklararm Rajwaramahaviharn in Thai), is the largest temple of Bangkok, and probably the oldest too, predating the founding of the capital by almost 200 years
The Saranrom Park offers shade and relaxation in the midst of greenery and fountains
Wat Arun, often called the Temple of Dawn, is located on the other side of the Chao Phraya River in Thonburi, you can find more information in that district article
The Bangkok Corrections Museum is located on the site of a former maximum security Bangkok Remand Prison built in 1890 during the reign of King Rama V