/ Riga / Places to Visit / The Small Guild
Another pretty building just behind the Big Guild, this one housed the craftsmen's guild.
Another pretty building just behind the Big Guild, this one housed the craftsmen's guild. Like the Big Guild, you can't go inside except for a performance.
5 Amatu iela
Housed the guild of the tradesmen, who would join after being a member of the Blackheads (see House of Blackheads)
This building (also housing a pub of no particular note) is most famous for the two statues of black cats on the roofs
Wagner once lived in Riga, on the street now named after him
Former residence of a wealthy merchant built in 1720, now a museum dedicated to life in Riga in the 17th & 18th centuries
Covers the dramatic events that occurred in the tumultuous final year of the USSR, when Soviet authorities sent troops into Riga to overthrow the elected Latvian government
The last remaining gate from the old city walls
Pretty to look at, but not open for visitors
The House of Blackheads is where the merchants-to-be had their guild
Covers the history of porcelain in Riga through the 19th and 20th centuries