/ Moscow / Places to Visit / Spasskaya Tower
The Spasskaya Tower, built in 1491, was believed to have miraculous powers which protected the Kremlin from invasions.
The Spasskaya Tower, built in 1491, was believed to have miraculous powers which protected the Kremlin from invasions. During the 16th and 17th centuries, the tower was used by the Tsar for ceremonial processions and greeting foreign dignitaries. The ceremonial chimes of the tower, designating official Moscow time, are also well-known.
Красная площадь, 3, Moscow, Russia
In the south part of Red Square
Adjacent to Red Square
This plaza fills with students between classes or just hanging out
In the centre of the Red Square
This gigantic site can not be missed
The world's largest bell, it was cast three times
At a height of 81m, the belltower for the Archangel, Assumption and Annunciation Cathedrals marks the exact geographic centre of Moscow
Built between 1633 and 1636 to commemorate Russia's liberation from Polish occupation during the Time of Troubles, this church was destroyed in 1936 for the planned remodeling of all Kitai Gorod
A new shopping mall opened in 2006 next to Kievsky station, right next to the metro
The 19th century Russian Revivalist building has an enormous collection of artifacts that tell the history of Russia from the Stone Age to the present day